Find Out if any dangerous Mold is Present in Your Home.
Some mold problems are obvious — you can see it growing. If you can see mold, or if there is a musty odor in your home, you probably have a mold problem. Others are not so obvious. Mold growth may be found underneath wallpaper and baseboards, behind walls, or may be evidenced by discolored plaster or drywall. If you don’t have any observable mold, but are experiencing symptoms likely to be mold-induced, the mold could be growing in areas you can’t see, such as the ducts of a heating/cooling system. In this case, the best way to determine if you have mold spores is to have mold testing performed in your home. Testing is the only way to determine if you have a mold problem and what type it is.
“Molds have the potential to cause health problems and allergic reactions such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash,” said former EPA Administrator Christie Whitman. “If you already have a problem, act quickly; mold damages what it grows on. The longer it grows, the more damage it can cause.”
If you have visible mold, HomeTeam can conduct a swab or air test to identify what molds are present. After HomeTeam collects the samples from your home you will receive a comprehensive, easy-to-read report from an EPA-certified laboratory identifying the level and type of mold in your home.